Saturday 9 July 2016

My Local Patch, Morden Bog

 Plenty of wildlife on Morden Bog at this time of year, the Silver-studded Blue butterflies are out at the moment, plenty of dragonflies and damselflies are flying around, the heather is starting to come into flower and also there are loads of the sticky Round-leaved Sundew plant in the boggy areas.

 Silver-studded Blue butterfly


 Golden-ringed Dragonfly

 Common Darter (female)

This maybe the Biting Stonecrop but I am not sure, I am hoping someone on flickr can id this plant for me

Round-leaved Sundew




4 comments:

Richard Pegler said...

Wonderful images, Lin, which make me quite jealous! It must be 20 years or more since I saw a Golden-ringed Dragonfly, and I've never seen Silver-studded Blue. I must work on those omissions soon!

Best wishes - - - Richard

Linda Yarrow said...

Thankyou Richard :-)

Roy Norris said...

A couple of really good finds there Lyn, Silver studded and the Dragon.

Linda said...

Beautiful photos, Linda! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)