Wednesday 3 May 2017

Wonderful Discovery

 Made a wonderful discovery two days ago, I HAVE BLACKBIRDS NESTING IN MY GARDEN!   It is the first time that Blackbirds have nested in my garden.  I have been gardening now for twenty years and I always have wildlife in mind so to have Blackbirds choosing to nest in my garden is an achievement.   There is a clematis, Montana, growing up the side of the shed with the Ivy, both I planted over ten years ago and now they provide a perfect place for the Blackbird to build a nest. 

My list of young birds in my garden this Spring so far: Sparrow, Dunnock, Blackbird, Wood Pigeon, Siskin(lots of these)

   View of the Ivy which covers the thick stems of the clematis, the hole is where the nest is
  
   You can just see two beaks of the young, there are three in the nest

2 comments:

Roy Norris said...

Thats lovely Lyn.

Richard Pegler said...

Wonderful, indeed, Lin. I'm so pleased that they have chosen your garden to make their nest in. They do seem to love nesting in Clematis. In direct contrast to your situation, this looks as if it will be the first year in a long time that our clematis doesn't have a Blackbird nest - but our clematis is a very old one, and was already well-established when we moved in more than 30 years ago.

With my best wishes to you, and the Blackbirds! - - - Richard