Thursday 31 March 2016

A Host, of Golden Daffodils



I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;

I think a lot of us are familiar with Williams Wordsworth's poem about the daffodils, fortunately in Lytchett Matravers, close to where I live, there is a host of wild daffodils in the woods near the church of St Mary's.  It is also known as the 'Lent lily' since it often blooms and fades within the Lenten period.  Apparently the wild daffodil, like so many of our native wild flowers, is becoming scarcer, so it is a real treat to have these close enough for me to walk to the woods and get these pictures of them.

 



 




2 comments:

Roy Norris said...

Lovely images of the mass of daffs Lyn.

Richard Pegler said...

An absolute delight for the eyes, Linda!!