Thursday, 6 November 2014

Black & White

 
This is away from my usual posts but my uncle, Terry Yarrow, has set a challenge of posting black and white pictures for five days via flickr & FB, he has nominated me so I have looked through my pictures to pick the ones I think will look good in B/W.  I had fun doing this and I have picked five that I have changed from colour to black and white. 
 
This is the Angel of the North, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear.  I have copped this picture as well as changing it to black and white.   This is my second B/W picture which I posted on flickr & FB today.
 
 
 This is my first B/W picture which I posted yesterday on flickr & FB.  This is Whitby Abbey, also cropped and changed from colour to black and white.  
 

4 comments:

Roy Norris said...

I think the Abbey image is just great Lyn.

holdingmoments said...

Quite a challenge Linda.
The abbey looks good.

Richard Pegler said...

That image of Whitby Abbey is absolutely beautiful, Linda. I'm not so fond of the Angel of the North image, however, as I have an aversion to the sculpture itself - I don't know why, but it's possibly due to the incongruity of 'mechanical' wings on a 'human' body - nothing to do with your photography, I assure you!

Linda Yarrow said...

Thankyou Roy, Keith & Richard :-)